Top 5 External Links
The Superior Court of California, County of Mendocino respects the privacy rights of all visitors to our Web site. The following describes how we will protect the information we receive and disseminate through this Web site. This privacy statement is provided pursuant to 11015.5 §Government Code.
The information contained in this Web site is provided as a service to the Internet community. Any user of this information is hereby advised that it is being provided "as is." Though diligent efforts have been made to ensure accuracy, the information provided may be subject to errors or omissions. Visitors to this site agree that the Superior Court is not liable for errors or omissions of any of the information provided.
No Substitute for Legal Advice
No warranty of any kind, expressed or implied is made with respect to any information or third party sites accessed through this page. Further, this website is not a substitute for legal advice. Much of the information provided by this website is subject to change, so you should verify the accuracy and current status of any information published herein before relying upon it.
Information Collected and Stored
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you choose to provide that information to us. Our Web servers automatically gathers and store certain information. Only the following information is collected and stored:
- Your Internet domain and IP address. The Internet Protocol Address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer.
- The type of browser and operating system you used to access our site.
- The date and time of your access to our site.
- The pages you view on our Web site.
- The address of the Web site from which you reached us, if you come to our Web site from a link on another Web site.
- Any downloaded form or document.
How the Information is Used
This information is used to make our site more useful to visitors. Information collected is used to diagnose problems with our server; to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology they use; and to improve the content of the site. We do not track or record information about individuals. This information does not personally identify you. Your e-mail address is not automatically collected.
Personal information submitted through the Web site is normally used to respond to your message and for no other purpose. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide or give it to any other public or private organization for commercial purposes or otherwise.
We may disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice.
A cookie is a small file that is sent to your computer along with a Web page when you visit a Web site. Your computer will give the information in the cookie only to the computer that sent it, and no other Web site can request it. There are three types of cookies: persistent, third-party, and session. We never use persistent or third-party cookies, but sometimes we use session cookies (temporary cookies).
We use session cookies only in places where you can transact business. The session cookie keeps you from losing information you've entered for a business transaction with us if, during your visit, you leave our Web site and return. Once you turn off your computer or stop using the Internet, the cookie is erased.
If you E-mail us
We appreciate questions, comments, or concerns about our Web site. If you choose to send us personal information by e-mailing us, normally we use the information to respond to your message and for no other purpose. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide, or give it to any other public or private organization for commercial purposes or otherwise.
Links to Other Websites
- The Court DOES NOT verify, control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- The Court DOES NOT endorse the organizations sponsoring a linked Web site, and do not endorse the views it express or the products/services it offers.
- The Court DOES NOT authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in a linked Web site.
- The Court DOES NOT bear responsibility for transmissions or materials the user receives from a linked Web site.
- The Court DOES NOT verify, control or guarantee a linked Web site's compliance with applicable law or regulation.