Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Bogus phone calls, emails on jury service may lead to fraud.  If you receive a phone call, text, or email notifying you that you’re in big trouble for failing to show up for jury service, be suspicious.  It’s probably a scam.  Visit our Jury Scams webpage for more information.

Civil Division

Court Clerk's Office Information

The clerk's offices in both branches are open Monday through Friday, excluding judicial holidays.

Public Counter Hours:  8:30am to 3:30pm 
Telephone Hours:  8:30am to 3:30pm

Telephone Number:  (707)468-2003

Locations and mailing addresses:
Mendocino County Courthouse
100 North State Street, Room 107, Ukiah CA 95482
Ten Mile Branch, 700 South Franklin Street, Fort Bragg CA 95437


Small Claims 

When the amount sought by the plaintiff is $10,000 or less the claim may be filed as a Small Claims matter. Go to the Small Claims page for more information on how to file a small claim.

Small Claims page

Limited Civil

When the amount sought by the plaintiff is $25,000 or less, the matter will be filed as a limited civil case.

Unlimited Civil 

When the amount sought by the plaintiff is more than $25,000 the matter will be filed as an unlimited civil action.  In a few instances, cases seeking less than $25,000 qualify as unlimited civil cases.  Please check with the clerk's office if you have a question about your filing jurisdiction. 

Other types of cases filed in the unlimited jurisdiction include family law, probate, guardianship, conservatorship, juvenile dependency, juvenile law violations, restraining orders, Uniform Parentage Act, Uniform Interstate Family Support Act; freedom from parental custody and control; adoptions; petitions for name change; petitions for name and gender change; election contest petitions; and petitions for relief from late claims.

Forms and Filing

Forms may be found on our Forms and Filing section on our website or printed at the Law Library or downloaded from the California Courts website.

By law, the clerks cannot provide legal advice.  They can assist you with procedural and document filing questions only.

Forms and Filing section

Law Library

California Courts


See the Fee Schedule for civil filing and appearance fees. If you believe that you are unable to afford these fees, submit a Request to Waive Fees. There is no charge for this form.

Fee Schedule 

Request to Waive Fees

Copies and Certified Copies of Court Documents

Please see the Copies and Certified Copies page for information on how to obtain copies.

Copies and Certified Copies

Viewing Court Case Records

Please see the Viewing Court Case Records page for information on this.

Viewing Court Case Records

Ex Parte Hearings

Contact the court to reserve your hearing date one to two days prior to the date you wish your matter heard. Notice requirements are in accordance with California Rule of Court 3.1203.  Ex parte requirements are in accordance with Local Rule 1.13. All paperwork must be submitted to the clerk’s office no later than 10:00 am the day of your hearing including the Declaration re:  Notice upon Ex Parte Application for Orders. Local form number MMC-121 can be used.  Ex parte decisions are posted to the case and available after 1:30 on the day of the court’s review.


Tentative Rulings

The Court issues tentative rulings on certain civil matters. Rulings are posted on the Tentative Rulings web page by 3:00pm of the court day prior to the scheduled hearing. See the Tentative Rulings web page for details on the tentative rulings process.

Tentative Rulings

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.