Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Pay Your Fine / Bail

Traffic Court Clerk's Office Information

The clerk's offices in both branches are open Monday through Friday, excluding judicial holidays.

Public Counter Hours:  8:30am to 3:30pm 
Telephone Hours:  8:30am to 3:30pm

Telephone Number:  (707)463-4660

Fine Payment Options

You may choose to pay your fine (sometimes called 'bail') in person, by mail, on this website or over the phone with a credit card.

Pay through the Court Case Information Portal:

Pay by Visa, Mastercard, or Discover using the Court Case Information Portal.  Search for your case by citation number, case number or your name and birthdate.  Convenience fee automatically added.

Make a payment

Pay by Mail:

Pay by check or money order only. Write your docket or citation number on your check or money order.

Mailing address:
Mendocino County Courthouse
100 North State Street, Room 108, Ukiah CA 95482
Ten Mile Branch, 700 South Franklin Street, Fort Bragg CA 95437

Pay in Person:

Stop by either branch in Ukiah or Fort Bragg to pay with cash, check, money order, debit card, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover Card.

Pay by Installment Plan:

If you cannot afford to pay the entire fine by the due date, you may request to pay your fine in monthly installments.  Use the link below to request an installment payment plan.

Request Payment Plan

Traffic Violator School

If your courtesy notice indicates that you are eligible to attend traffic violator school and you decide to do this, please add a $54 state-mandated traffic violator school administrative fee to the amount of your total fine. Please see our Traffic Violator School page for more information on the benefits, your eligibility, and the process to complete traffic violator school.

Traffic Violator School


You may request one extension to pay your fine up to 90-days from the original citation due date.   Use the Request Extension to Pay button below to request an extension online.  You may also request an extension in person at either courthouse.  You must request the extension before the due date on your citation.  Extensions are not allowed once the due date has passed.  Also, extensions are not allowed on citations that require you to make a mandatory court appearance. 

Request Extension to Pay

Past Due Fines/Bail

Once the due date on your citation has passed, the court will notify you that your case is being referred to Collections.

Request for Ability to Pay Determination

If you receive public benefits or do not have enough income to pay for your household’s basic needs, you may ask the court to consider reducing your fine. You must complete form MTR-180 Declaration and Request for Relief on Infraction Matter before the Court will consider any request for reduction of your infraction fine.

MTR-180 Declaration and Request for Relief on Infraction Matter (PDF)

Was this helpful?