Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Pay Your Fine / Bail

Traffic Clerk's Office Information

Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding judicial holidays

Telephone hours: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding judicial holidays
Ukiah Phone: (707)463-4660
Fort Bragg Phone: (707)964-3192

Fine Payment Options

You may choose to pay your fine (sometimes called 'bail') in person, by mail, on this website or over the phone with a credit card.

Pay through the court’s Case Information Portal:

Pay by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover using the court’s Case Information Portal. Search for your case by citation number, case number or your name and birthdate. Follow the instructions on the Portal.

Case Information Portal

Please note: When paying by credit card, a convenience fee automatically added to the amount you enter as your payment.

Pay by Mail:

Pay by check or money order only. Write your docket or citation number on your check or money order.

Pay in Person: Stop by either branch in Ukiah or Fort Bragg to pay with cash, check, money order, debit card, MasterCard, or Visa.

Pay by Installment Plan:

If you cannot afford to pay the entire fine by the due date, you may request to pay your fine in monthly installments. Advise the court that you would like to do this and the court will set up a payment plan for you. 

Traffic Violator School

If your courtesy notice indicates that you are eligible to attend traffic violator school and you decide to do this, please add a $54 state-mandated traffic violator school administrative fee to the amount of your total fine. Please see our Traffic Violator School page for more information on the benefits, your eligibility, and the process to complete traffic violator school.

Traffic Violator School


You may obtain one 90-day extension to pay your citation by mailing your request, or by phone or in person at the court. However, you must request the extension before the due date on your citation. Extensions are not allowed once the due date has passed. Also, extensions are not allowed on citations that require you to make a a mandatory court appearance.

Past Due Fines/Bail

Once the due date on your citation has passed, the court will notify you that your case is being referred to Collections.

Request for Ability to Pay Determination

If you receive public benefits or do not have enough income to pay for your household’s basic needs, you may ask the court to consider reducing your fine. You must complete form MTR-180 Declaration and Request for Relief on Infraction Matter before the Court will consider any request for reduction of your infraction fine.

MTR-180 Declaration and Request for Relief on Infraction Matter (PDF)

Was this helpful?